Fenaflex Tyre Couplings Specification :
- Fenner tyre couplings provide all the desirable features of an ideal flexible coupling, including Taper-lock fixing. The Fenner tyre coupling is a torsionally elastic coupling offering versatility to designers and engineers with a choice of flange combinations to suit most applications.
- The flanges are available in either F or H version Taper-lock fitting or bored to size B.
- With the addition of a spacer flange, the coupling can be used to accommodate standard distance between shaft ends and facilitate pump maintenance.
- Fenner tyre couplings can accommodate simultaneous maximum misalignment in all planes without imposing undue loads on adjacent bearings and the excellent shock absorbing properties of the flexible tyre reduce vibrations and torsional oscillations.
- Fenner tyres are available in natural rubber compounds for use in ambient temperatures between -50C to +50C. Neoprene rubber compounds are available for use in adverse operating conditions eg. Oil or grease contaminations and can be used in temperatures of -15C to +70C.
- FRAS tyres are available for use when fire-resistant and antistatic (F.R.A.S) properties are required.
- The range includes couplings with torque capacity up to 12606 Nm and bore diameters up to 190 mm.
- Handles parallel, angular and axial displacements, either singly or in any combination. They can accommodate parallel misalignment up to 6mm, angular misalignment up to 40 and end float up to 8mm.
- Cushions against destructive shock loads protecting the complete system, preventing expensive breakdowns and lengthens machine life.
- Does not create snatch on take up of the drive.
- Design Power : Design Power = 45x1.4 = 63 kw.
- Coupling Size : By reading across from 1440 rev/min in power figure to exceed the required 63 kw in step (b) is 76.1 kw. The size at coupling is F100.
- bore Size : By referring to it can be seen that both shaft diameters fall within the bore range available.
- Power rating: 0.22 kW to 132 KWatt 100rpm
- Spacer tyre couplings for DBSE: 80 mm, 100 mm, 140 mm & 180 mm
- Choice of tyres: Standard, neoprene or fire resistant anti-static (FRAS)